News & Reviews
Think Beyond Plastic Awards Ceremony
Innovation Trumps Pollution
When selecting the pre-finalists, the A-Spark investment team seeks applicants that present an offering that best addresses the plastic pollution crisis. Successful applicants will be determined solely on their investor deck’s presenting a clearly articulated outline of their business idea/model along with supporting technologies (if appropriate). Key success factors that A-Spark will be looking for include:
1) a novel solution to a problem that has yet to be addressed;
2) simplicity in implementation of the solution;
3) impact and scalability for a world market;
4) an outline of developmental objectives; and
5) ecological and financial sustainability.
The following pre-finalists have been invited to submit business plans and continue to compete.
Think Beyond Plastic is an innovation competition for entrepreneurs working on solutions to the plastic pollution crisis. Eligible contestants compete for a first prize investment of $50,000 and $5,000 credit towards legal work for an existing business and a $10,000 investment and $3,000 credit for legal work for the most innovative business idea.