Jackson Browne Summer 2012 U.S. Acoustic Tour
Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters, or BACH collaborates with grassroots activists on California's north coast and organizations in the SF Bay Area, working to ensure preservation of the redwood forest ecosystem, with real solutions for workers and communities. Corporate industrial logging has threatened to destroy our ecological forest heritage and the habitat of the species who live there. BACH is committed to encouraging grassroots activism to confront and curtail the exploitation of forests and to understand the links between our lives and healthy forests.
Buffalo Field Campaign We envision a life for buffalo in which they thrive within the state of inherent wildness as expressed in the Buffalo Bill of Rights. We also envision a world in which buffalo and all other native wildlife are given precedence on public land, and that buffalo herds will remain as a self-regulating sustainable population, and a viable genetic source for the future evolution potential of the species.
Clean Air Carolina For over nine years Clean Air Carolina has led the call for cleaner air to improve health and the quality of life in the Charlotte region. Our mission is to ensure cleaner air quality for all of us by educating the community about how air quality affects our health, advocating for stronger clean air policies, and partnering with other organizations committed to cleaner air and sustainable practices. We are based in Charlotte and maintain a regional and statewide influence.
Clean Water Action is a one million member organization of diverse people and groups joined together to protect our environment, health, economic well-being and community quality of life. Our goals include clean, safe and affordable water; prevention of health threatening pollution; creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses; and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Action organizes strong grassroots groups and coalitions and campaigns to elect environmental candidates and solve environmental and community problems.
Cleveland Peace Action is on the cutting edge of the peace movement, linking globalization and militarization, and articulating policies that would create "real security" for our nation. Our Mission: To reduce the treat of violence, war and terrorism by working through peaceful, just and democratic means.
Delaware Riverkeeper Network Established in 1988 upon the appointment of the Delaware Riverkeeper, the Delaware Riverkeeper Network (DRN) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization. DRN's professional staff and volunteers work throughout the entire Delaware River Watershed including portions of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and New York.
Don't Waste Michigan (DWM) is a group of concerned citizens and organizations initially formed to prevent Michigan from becoming a nuclear waste dump for the entire region. Citizens throughout the state organized to stop the federal government in conjunction with the nuclear power industry from targeting Michigan to become a nuclear waste dump.
Everglades Foundation is dedicated to protecting and restoring one of the world's unique natural ecosystems, providing economic, recreational and life-sustaining benefits to the millions of people who depend on its future health. Through the advancement of scientifically sound and achievable solutions, the Foundation seeks to reverse the damage inflicted on the ecosystem and provide policymakers and the public with an honest and credible resource to help guide decision-making on complex restoration issues.
Heart of America Northwest is the region's leading citizens' group, with over 15,000 members in Washington and Oregon, working for the cleanup of Hanford, the most contaminated area in the Western Hemisphere. For over 23 years we have led the efforts to protect the Columbia River and health of future generations from Hanford's spreading contamination and to stop Hanford from being used as a national radioactive waste dump.
The Indian Point Safe Energy Coalition (IPSEC), formed shortly after the tragic events of September 11, 2001, is a coalition of over 70 environmental, health, and public policy organizations concerned with the vulnerability of the Indian Point Nuclear Facility in Buchanan, NY and the radioactive waste it produces, both to internal incidents and to external accidents or acts of terrorism. IPSEC has mobilized to call for its closure, orderly decommissioning, and securing of the irradiated fuel pools.
Innocence Project A.J. Muste was a pacifist, anti-war activist and a leader of the labor and civil rights movements whose personal integrity won him a rare universal respect. The A.J. Muste Memorial Institute was organized in 1974 to keep A.J.'s legacy alive through ongoing support of the nonviolent movement for social change.
Keep Cincinnati Beautiful is an award-winning affiliate of Keep America Beautiful and was incorporated in June of 1978 as a 501 (c) (3) organization by the City of Cincinnati. We are led by a volunteer Board and financially supported by corporate and individual donations, grants, foundations, and the City of Cincinnati. Our staff is dedicated to providing programs that are, Grassroots in Nature, Results Oriented, Ongoing, Based on Changing Behaviors and Dependent on Public and Private Partnerships.
Keep The Ban (Uranium Ban) Virginia has a nearly 30-year ban on uranium mining. The uranium industry is making a well-financed push to repeal the ban so they can mine and process uranium, starting in Southside Virginia. Drinking water, human health, farmland, property values, wildlife and tourism across Virginia are at risk.
Kentucky Resources Council KRC's mission is to protect Kentucky's natural resources and promote healthy communities by providing legal and technical guidance and assistance to individuals, communities, and organizations with environmental concerns.
Lake Erie Waterkeeper A grass roots organization, the Maumee Bay Association, began meeting in 2000 when there was a proposal to expand the dredge disposal facility in the bay. Sandy Bihn led the group which met monthly and expanded issues and region. In 2004/2005 the group joined the WATERKEEPER Alliance and became the Western Lake Erie Waterkeeper Association.
Louisville Climate Action Network Louisville CAN aims to empower the community with information on the dangers of global climate change and what they can do to fight it.
The Mountaintop Removal Road Show The Mountaintop Removal Road Show includes a stunning 20-minute slide show about the impacts of mountaintop removal on coalfield residents, communities and the environment, and features traditional Appalachian mountain music and shocking aerial photos of decapitated Appalachian mountains.
NC WARN is a member-based nonprofit tackling the accelerating crisis posed by climate change - along with the various risks of nuclear power - by watch-dogging utility practices and working for a swift North Carolina transition to energy efficiency and clean power generation. In partnership with other citizen groups, NC WARN uses sound scientific research to inform and involve the public in key decisions regarding their wellbeing.
Nukewatch is a Wisconsin-based environmental and peace action group, dedicated to the abolition of nuclear power, weapons and continued radioactive waste production. Nukewatch brings critical attention to the locations, movements, dangers, and the politics of nuclear weapons and dangerous wastes. Staff and volunteers advocate Gandhian nonviolence in education and action, and report on nuclear issues in the Nukewatch Quarterly newsletter.
Obed Watershed Community Association (OWCA) is a Crossville, TN-based nonprofit with the mission to protect and enhance the natural and cultural heritage of the watersheds of the Obed River and its tributaries within Cumberland County, TN through community education, creating opportunities for community research and service projects, and promoting conservation, recreation, and best management practices.
Peace Action-Wisconsin is a peace and justice organization which works for a world where human needs are met, the environment is preserved, and the threats of war and nuclear weapons have been abolished. We are committed to non-violence as a way of life and offer our members opportunities for education, lobbying and public witness.
Plastic Pollution Coalition is a global alliance of individuals, organizations and businesses working toward a world free of plastic pollution and its toxic impacts.
The Toledo-Lucas County (TLC) Rain Garden Initiative will introduce the idea of rain gardens to homeowners, developers, nurseries and landscapers, business owners, and governmental agencies and assist them in constructing rain gardens as a way to manage storm water by providing demonstration gardens, technical training and public information and involvement.
Responsible Drilling Alliance (RDA) is a grassroots, all-volunteer group of dedicated citizens who have formed an alliance and welcome members with the widest possible concerns, interests and ideologies. RDA membership includes parents and grandparents, students, business people, hunters, fishermen, farmers, hikers, teachers, truckers, those who have leased their land to a gas company, and those who refused. We invite you to join us.
SC Sierra Club's mission is to explore, enjoy, and protect the wild places of the earth. To practice and promote the responsible use of earth's ecosystems and resources. To educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural and human environment. To use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.
Seacoast Anti-Pollution League Helping protect our seacoast since 1969 by opposing the construction and continued operation of the Seabrook nuclear plant.
Tennessee Environmental Council Tennessee is one of the most biodiverse inland states in the nation. Our natural resources form the backbone of our economy, quality of life and heritage. For over forty years, the Council has been working to protect the environment in Tennessee. The Council's efforts have been successful in protecting the Great Smoky Mountains, cleaning up the Pigeon River, reducing pollution from coal-fired power plants, and preventing degradation of high quality streams and the globally significant Duck River Watershed.
Unite Escambia Creating a healthy community where all have the inspiration and opportunity to succeed. In partnership with United Way and the Escambia County Health Department, Unite Escambia developed a team-based approach to community problem solving. Education, Environment, Health, Housing and Poverty have been identified as the top priorities needing to be addressed.
Veterans For Peace is a national organization founded in 1985 by military veterans opposed to the Reagan administration's war against the people of Central America. It includes men and women veterans of all eras and duty stations spanning the Spanish Civil War, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Persian Gulf, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, other conflicts and periods in between.
- Oct 12 Circus Maximus Theatre - Caesars Atlantic City Atlantic City, NJ
- Oct 14 The Kennedy Center - Concert Hall Washington, DC
- Oct 15 West Virginia University - Creative Arts Center Morgantown, WV
- Oct 17 Ferguson Center for the Performing Arts Newport News, VA
- Oct 18 FM Kirby Center Wilkes Barre, PA
- Oct 20 Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts Detroit, MI
- Oct 21 Riverside Theater Milwaukie, WI
- Oct 23 Sangamon Auditorium Springfield, IL
- Oct 25 Morris Performing Arts Center South Bend, IN
- Oct 26 Chicago Theatre Chicago, IL
- Oct 28 State Theater Minneapolis, MN
- Oct 29 Duluth Entertainment Convention Center Duluth, MN
- Nov 01 Adler Theater Davenport, IA
- Nov 02 Fox Theatre St Louis, MO
- Nov 04 Verizon Theatre Grand Prairie, TX
- Nov 05 Music City Texas Theatre Linden, TX
- Nov 07 Bayou Music Center Houston, TX
- Nov 08 Bass Concert Hall Austin, TX
- Nov 10 The Joint @ Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Catoosa, OK
- Nov 11 Orpheum Performing Arts Centre Wichita, KS
- Nov 12 Orpheum Theatre Omaha, NE
- Nov 14 Paramount Theatre Denver, CO
- Nov 15 Pikes Peak Center Colorado Springs, CO
- Nov 18 The Valley Performing Arts Center Los Angeles, CA
- Dec 14 The Beacon Theatre New York City, NY
- Jan 19 Keller Auditorium Portland, OR
- Jan 20 Benaroya Hall Seattle, WA
- Jan 22 San Jose Civic Auditorium San Jose, CA
- Jan 26 Copley Symphony Hall San Diego, CA
- Jan 28 Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Center Thousand Oaks, CA
- Jan 29 Long Beach Terrace Theatre Long Beach, CA
- Jan 31 Majestic Fox Theatre Bakersfield, CA
- Feb 01 Pechanga Resort & Casino Temecula, CA
- Feb 02 Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium Santa Cruz, CA
- Feb 04 Performing Arts Center San Luis Obispo, CA
- Feb 06 Nob Hill Masonic Center San Francisco, CA
- Feb 12 Popejoy Hall Albuquerque, NM
- Feb 13 Orpheum Theatre Phoenix, AZ
- Feb 15 The Pearl Theater Las Vegas, NV
- Feb 16 Silver Legacy Casino Reno, NV
- May 02 Tower Amphitheater Austin, TX
- May 03 Tower Amphitheater Austin, TX
- May 04 FC Dallas Stadium Dallas, TX
- May 11 Bottle Rock Napa Valley Festival Napa, CA
- May 12 Coventry Grove Amphitheater Kensington, CA
- May 17 Barnum Hall Theater, Santa Monica High School Campus Santa Monica, CA
- May 18 Barnum Hall Theater, Santa Monica High School Campus Santa Monica, CA
- Jun 16 Steel Bridge Festival Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Jun 19 Red Butte Garden Salt Lake City, UT
- Jun 21 Jazz Aspen Snowmass Aspen, CO
- Jun 23 Telluride Bluegrass Festival Telluride, CO
- Jun 25 Civic Center of Greater Des Moines Des Moines, IA
- Jun 26 Ravinia Festival Highland Park, IL
- Jun 28 Palace Theater Columbus, OH
- Jun 29 Seneca Niagara Casino Theatre Niagara Falls, NY
- Jul 01 American Musical Theater Lancaster, PA
- Jul 02 State Theatre New Brunswick, NJ
- Jul 04 Tanglewood Lenox, MA
- Jul 05 Borgata Atlantic City, NJ
- Jul 06 Borgata Atlantic City, NJ
- Jul 09 Toyota Presents the Oakdale Theatre Wallingford, CT
- Jul 20 Comerica Park - Detroit Detroit, MI
- Aug 24 VENUE N/A East Troy, WI